Master of Arts: Biblical and Theological Studies
Residential and Knox Online Track
The Master of Arts (Biblical and Theological Studies) is an academic degree program designed for persons who intend to pursue further graduate religious studies in biblical studies and theology or who desire to broaden and deepen their knowledge in these areas.
Academic Requirements for Completion
The Master of Arts (Biblical and Theological Studies) requires completion of a total of 60 credit hours. To graduate, a student must earn at least a grade of C- (1.7) in each course and have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
Upon successful completion, the student is awarded the Master of Arts (Biblical and Theological Studies) degree.
A graduate of the MABTS program at Knox will:
- Articulate the Gospel message of salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone.
- Explain the inspiration and authority of all of the
scriptureand its relationship to the Gospel.
- Articulate the relationship of the gospel to sanctification in the life of the believer.
- Demonstrate the relationship of biblical studies, systematic theology, and historical theology in articulating a thoughtful and coherent theological framework.
- Properly interpret the scriptures, articulating the importance of knowledge of the original languages of scripture and an informed hermeneutical method.
- Faithfully relate the Gospel to their culture and context.
BIBLICAL STUDIES 15 CREDIT HOURS
|NT502 New Testament Survey 1 - Gospels and Acts||3 Credit Hours|
|NT504 New Testament Survey 2 - Epistles and Revelation||3 Credit Hours|
|NT712 Biblical Hermeneutics||3 Credit Hours|
|OT602 Old Testament Survey 1||3 Credit Hours|
|OT604 Old Testament Survey 2||3 Credit Hours|
THEOLOGICAL STUDIES 12 CREDIT HOURS
|ST506 Systematic THeology 1 - God and Creation||3 Credit Hours|
|ST602 Systematic Theology 2 - Christ and the Church||3 Credit Hours|
|ST604 Systematic Theology 3 - Salvation and Eschatology||3 Credit Hours|
|ST608 Ethics||3 Credit Hours|
HISTORICAL STUDIES 6 CREDIT HOURS
|CH502 History of Christianity 1 - Ancient and Medieval Church History||3 Credit Hours|
|CH504 History of Christianity 2 - Reformation to Modern Era||3 Credit Hours|
PASTORAL STUDIES 6 CREDIT HOURS
|AT754 Integrative Project||3 Credit Hours|
|ME702 The Missional Church||3 Credit Hours|
ELECTIVES 21 CREDIT
HOURS TOTAL HOURS60 CREDIT HOURS
“My experience with Knox Online has been very positive. I am a full-time pastor and stay-at-home dad, so a program that allows me to finish my master’s degree from home is perfect. I don’t feel cheated from not being in the actual classroom because the recorded lectures bring the classroom to me. The forums allow me to interact with other students, so that we can learn and grow together. I would highly recommend Knox Online for those who want to pursue their higher education, but also want the flexibility to continue to do what God has called them to do.” –Ryan Reveley