The Master of Arts (Biblical and Theological Studies) is an academic degree program designed for persons who intend to pursue further graduate religious studies in biblical studies and theology or who desire to broaden and deepen their knowledge in these areas.
A graduate of the MABTS program at Knox will:
- Articulate the Gospel message of salvation by grace through faith in Christ alone.
- Explain the inspiration and authority of all of the scripture and its relationship to the Gospel.
- Articulate the relationship of the gospel to sanctification in the life of the believer.
- Demonstrate the relationship of biblical studies, systematic theology, and historical theology in articulating a thoughtful and coherent theological framework.
- Properly interpret the scriptures, articulating the importance of knowledge of the original languages of scripture and an informed hermeneutical method.
- Faithfully relate the Gospel to their culture and context.
BIBLICAL STUDIES 15 CREDIT HOURS
|NT502 New Testament Survey 1 - Gospels and Acts|| 3 Credit Hours
|NT504 New Testament Survey 2 - Epistles and Revelation|| 3 Credit Hours
|NT712 Biblical Hermeneutics|| 3 Credit Hours
|OT602 Old Testament Survey 1|| 3 Credit Hours
|OT604 Old Testament Survey 2|| 3 Credit Hours
THEOLOGICAL STUDIES 12 CREDIT HOURS
|ST506 Systematic THeology 1 - God and Creation||3 Credit Hours
|ST602 Systematic Theology 2 - Christ and the Church||3 Credit Hours
|ST604 Systematic Theology 3 - Salvation and Eschatology||3 Credit Hours
|ST608 Ethics||3 Credit Hours
HISTORICAL STUDIES 6 CREDIT HOURS
|CH502 History of Christianity 1 - Ancient and Medieval Church History||3 Credit Hours
|CH504 History of Christianity 2 - Reformation to Modern Era||3 Credit Hours
PASTORAL STUDIES 6 CREDIT HOURS
|AT754 Integrative Project||3 Credit Hours
|ME702 The Missional Church||3 Credit Hours
ELECTIVES 21 CREDIT HOURS
TOTAL HOURS60 CREDIT HOURS